Preparing a case takes a lot of hard work. Even the most efficient lawyers and productive law firms rarely find themselves able to gather evidence, find and interview witnesses, conduct background investigations, do asset valuations, and engage in various types of field investigative services, above and beyond the documentation they must prepare before a client's court date. In most cases, hiring a legal private investigator is an effective and efficient way for these lawyers to gain a significant advantage and improve their client's chance at obtaining a positive verdict or settlement.
Having a skilled, hard-working private investigator can prove essential in the successful outcome of a lawyer's case. On the other hand, if you or your law firm are working with an un-trained, un-licensed private investigator who does not have a good track record for being able to uncover evidence and get the results your case requires, you are wasting your money and putting your client's future at risk. Warning signs to look out for when dealing with a private investigator include:
- A lack of communication. You may constantly find yourself calling the private investigator to follow up on his or her actions and hopefully obtain the documentation your case requires. A skilled investigator understands how important it is to gather the evidence and information you require in an efficient and timely fashion. He or she will conduct him- or herself in a professional manner and always keep you informed as to the progress of an ongoing investigation.
- No license or certification. You want a private investigator who is licensed by the state licensing board and who carries his or her own insurance. Our investigative services firm is insured, all of our investigators are licensed and we many of our investigators are also skilled attorneys.
- Cannot or will not give you references. A private investigator who is unwilling or unable to provide references, has something to hide. You want an investigator who has a long track record of success and who is happy to let you speak with former clients to find out how happy they were with the services he or she provided. Our firm has been providing investigative services throughout California for more than a decade. We have helped in more than 20,000 cases, a number of which received million or multi-million dollar settlements. We are proud of our accomplishments and our high ethical standards, and we are not afraid to give future clients references to allow them to confirm our work.
- Is unfamiliar with the type of case you are representing. If you have a private investigator who is unfamiliar with the type of case you are representing, there is a very strong possibility that he or she will miss key evidence and put the outcome of your case at risk. Our investigators have dealt with all different types of cases including personal injury, criminal defense, bankruptcy, family law and more. We want you to have an investigator who is not only familiar with your type of case, but who has the knowledge and expertise to get results far beyond your expectations.
- Low initial costs with "additional charges" tacked on through the course of the case. You do not want an investigator who tries to lure you in with low costs, only to be hit with numerous additional charges and expenses along the way. You want an investigator who will be upfront and honest in their cost assessment and who won't go over budget without your permission and without just cause. Clients come to us to get results. We offer a wide range of hourly rates and we only take on cases when we are confidence that we can give the client the results they seek.
If you are looking for a California legal private investigator and investigative services firm you can trust to do everything possible to get you the evidence and information your case requires, Batza & Associates is that firm. We have more than a decade worth of experience in the investigative services industry and we get consistent results. We are the investigators you want on your side. Call our office right away so that we can answer any questions you may have and get started on delivering the results you need.